20 Great and Famous Basslines to Play on Bass (Free Tab)
Author: Thomas Duflos
Download these instantly recognisable 20 basslines selected for you. From Marcus Miller to Pink Floyd or Toto, these basslines belong to a variety of different styles and use various techniques. Grab your bass!
(click on the image to download the .zip file for Guitar Pro 7)
(click on the image to download the .zip file for Guitar Pro 6)
What you will find in this bundle
- Chic – Le Freak C’est Chic
- Donna Summer – Hot Stuff
- James Brown – Get Up (I Fell Like Being) A Sex Machine
- Lenny Kravitz – Fly Away
- Marcus Miller – Run for Cover
- Michael Jackson – Beat it
- Pink Floyd – Money
- Rage Against The Machine – Killing in the Name
- Red Hot Chili Peppers – Californication
- Rush – YYZ
- Telephone – Ça (C’est Vraiment Toi)
- The Beatles – Come Together
- The Cure – Close to Me
- The Doors – Riders on the Storm
- The Steve Miller Band – The Joker
- The White Stripes – Seven Nation Army
- Tool – Schism
- Toto – Don’t Chain My Heart
- Tower Of Power – What is Hip?
- Yes – Roundabout
These basslines are excerpts from the music scores available on www.mysongbook.com.
What are the techniques used in these extracts?
- The staccato: This implies stopping the string from ringing. Lightly touching a string usually stops it. The note is therefore shortened. You can practice it with James Brown’s famous song “Get Up”.
- Dead notes: You just need to release the pressure with your finger on the string but still keep your finger on it. Make sure not to press the string down onto the fingerboard. Then strike that string with your right-hand index or middle finger. The result is a non-pitched thud. The musical notation of a dead note, also called mute note, muffled string or silenced note is represented by an “x” on the staff or the tablature.
- Accents: Accented notes are punctuated with a bit more emphasis than a ‘regularly’ played note. Simply impart a little bit more finger strength into a note to pop it out of the mix. Take a look at the song “Le Freak C’est Chic”.
- Slap and Pop: Slap the string with your thumb. When performing the slap, you will use the bone part of your thumb to strike the strings. You can start by practicing Lenny Kravitz’s song “Fly Away” and then Marcus Miller’s “Run for Cover”. The pop is when you slide your finger underneath a string and “pull” it away from the fretboard – and when you let the string go, the string snaps back and strikes the fretboard, making a popping sound.
- Slides/Glissando: The idea is that you are going to fret a note and then “slide” to another fret without taking the pressure off your finger as you move.
Feel free to leave comments about those basslines, or suggestions for upcoming packs of this kind.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published.
Free Guitar Pro tabs pack
Download hundreds of riffs, licks, and exercises to spice up your guitar practice time.
mySongBook Top tabs
The official Guitar Pro tabs and scores library
|Hotel California||The Eagles|
|Californication||Red Hot Chili Peppers|
|Fade to Black||Metallica|
|Back in Black||AC/DC|
Follow Guitar Pro
Using GP6. The file shows up on the screen with the text lines stacked on top of each other. The tab is visible but will not play and the program crashes.
Hi Zen, you can contact our support they will help you thanks: goo.gl/tq6163
me gusta mucho, exelente , muchas gracias
File is password protected, unable to unzip
Hi Bryan, the file is not protected, if you need help please contact our support thanks.
I have GP 6 . However I have a new Macbook Pro and would like to transfer the program to it. What are my options.
Hi Ray, you can install Guitar Pro on your new laptop and enter your license. If you need further help you can contact our support here: http://bit.ly/GuitarProSupport
And if you need to download Guitar Pro 6 again please click here: http://bit.ly/DownloadGuitarPro6
They are not complete songs what is this crap?? this is a waste of space
Hi Chris, you can get the complete tabs here: thanks https://www.mysongbook.com
quiero guitar pro 6 en español. gracias
Hi William, Guitar Pro 7 is available in Spanish. Thanks
Always looking for good bass lines
Like to load up
Please send the bass lines.
Hi Richard, you can click on the links below the picture to download the files.