Guitar Pro 7.5.1 Update Now Available
Author: Thomas Duflos
Guitar Pro version 7.5.1 is online. Among the most anticipated new features, we bring you the new display of tempo when you play a score in screen mode and compatibility with Fretlight Wireless guitars. Install this new update to take advantage of the new features.
New features :
- Compatibility with Fretlight Wireless guitars – Fretlight and Guitar Pro have teamed up to bring you the synchronization of your tabs’ content with Fretlight Wireless guitars. Designed for beginners, Fretlight guitars facilitate the learning of a song by lighting up LEDs on the fretboard to indicate where to place your fingers. Our iPhone and iPad application is also compatible with Fretlight Wireless guitars. Click here to find out how to connect your Fretlight guitar to Guitar Pro.You will need Bluetooth 4.0 or higher to connect your Wireless Fretlight guitars to Guitar Pro 7.5. You may read these articles for Windows and macOS to check if you meet the minimum requirements.
Take a look at this video made by Rusty Shaffer (Fretlight founder) explaining how to use a Fretlight guitar with Guitar Pro.
- Tempo display in screen mode – Located at the top of your Guitar Pro 7 window, the toolbar allows you to adjust the display of your score with the View mode button. Select either Vertical or Horizontal Screen view to have the tempo displayed on the score, and change it by simply clicking on the item.
- Free tab of the day available in the Examples menu – To facilitate accessing the mySongBook free tab of the day, a direct link is now available in the menu File > Open Example. The tab of the day is displayed first.
- “Pop” et “Slap” parameters added to XML export – Pop and slap playing effects are now handled when exporting and importing an XML file.
- New option to remove a single file from recent files – The Guitar Pro 7 home screen shows the list of recent files opened with the software. You can now remove a single file from that list by right-clicking on your mouse > Remove from this list.
Fixes and enhancements:
- Improved rendering of legato slides
- Improved management of alternate endings
- Double-clicking a volume button reinitializes it to 0dB
- Save of the “View” option of the instrument view
- Fixed bends height on MIDI export
- Fixed sometimes off-set audio export
- Fixed voice change/inversion tool
- Fixed sound issues with AirPod earphones
- Fixed conflict with bends’ inking points
- Fixed undo/redo of bar deleting actually emptying the following bar
- Fixed count-in with anacrusis
- Fixed import of progressive tempos in .gpx files
- Fixed sometimes defective focus in the inspector’s frames
- Fixed regression leading to octave-shifted percussions when MIDI importing
- Fixed incrementation of the speed trainer
- Various corrections of XML import
- Various crash fixes
How to update Guitar Pro?
Launch the updater to start using Guitar Pro 7.5.1:
- Windows: menu Help > Check for updates…
- macOS: menu Guitar Pro 7 > Check for updates…
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published.
Free Guitar Pro tabs pack
Download hundreds of riffs, licks, and exercises to spice up your guitar practice time.
mySongBook Top tabs
The official Guitar Pro tabs and scores library
|You Shook Me All Night Long||AC/DC|
|Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)||Pink Floyd|
|Back in Black||AC/DC|
|Johnny B. Goode||Chuck Berry|
|Highway to Hell||AC/DC|
Follow Guitar Pro
I know it’s a long shot, but please add the ability to use nested tuplets. It would also be nice to be able to have different instruments playing in different time signatures simultaneously.
I realize these are pretty niche things, but it would be cool to have them nonetheless. Oh, and please make it so pressing 2 on the snare staff line uses the rimshot like it used to in previous versions, and not a side stick like it does now.
Hi Cooke, we are working on the nested tuplets it! I can’t tell you when it will be available but I thank you for your message. ?
Will guitar pro 7.5 run on MacOS Catalina , need to know before updating as can’t go back.
Hi Gordon, yes Guitar Pro 7.5 will run on MaxOS Catalina.
Is it possible to open a damaged file?
Hi Konstantin, you can send your damaged file to our support team and they will take a look at it, thank you: goo.gl/tq6163
It would be nice if you added the function to automatically analyze the sound tracks of the finished song and automatically adjust the equalizer and effects of each sound track so that all musical instruments can be clearly heard.
Hi, thank you for your suggestion!
One little annoying thing that I have noticed, is in the “section” thingy (shift+ins.). If I make a typo, for example if I type “CHorus” instead of “Chorus” (which happens to me all the time), I’ll have to add a space to the beginning or the end of the corrected word in order to fix it. Otherwise it just brings back the typoed version of the word. I suppose it’s because the word is saved, which is a really handy feature, if I just knew how to type.
Hi, yes indeed the entries will stay on the list, and if you want to get rid of it, you can start a new file and it will disappear. Thanks
could you include in a further version or as an upgrade to create play lists for tours and Excercise List for guitar/finger trainings. That would be a great addition I am happy to pay for
Hi Jörg, do you mean that you would like to get exercises included in Guitar Pro? Here is a download link to our free Guitar Pro Method if that’s the case: https://downloads.guitar-pro.com/gp6/Guitar-method-en.zip Thanks
I think a free text box would be a great addition, especially for teachers seeking to explain things with their Guitar Pro creations. I am also having troubles maneuvering text to where I would like.
Hi Frank, thank you very much for your suggestion. I have sent it to our dev team. Thomas
Lyrics editor is still a massive dissapointment, always has been.
It’s like GuitarPro has no idea how guitarists want to enter lyrics.
We don’t want to have to create an extra track, we just want to write words on the page under the chords.
The program doesn’t need to fix them to the beats, it just needs to leave them where we put them.
The Text option already does this, but unfortunately it puts the words above the bar instead of below it.
Just give us a similar Text option under the bars and all problems will be solved.
Hi Mark, thank you for your feedback. You can move and place your text freely just press on the + key of your keyboard in the “Lyrics” window and it will move the text where you want to. Thanks
Like Gerald I have mentioned a dark view for Guitar Pro for sometime now, I basically can’t use it for more than a few minutes, and I always have to minimised it. MuseScore, PianoFromAbove, Transcribe! and even riffstation is usable.
here is my suggestion in screenshot form.
I’m actually stuck in Guitar Pro 6 because it’s a little bit darker than GP7 which is all blue.
Hi, thank you very much for your suggestions, I have sent them to the dev team.
If I update to Mojave will GuitarPro 7.5.1 work?
Yes, Guitar Pro 7.5.1 will work well with Mojave.
Legato slide is still unnatural, It sounds like it goes up stair not like smooth slide.
When I saw the line improved rendering of legato slide, I was hoping this issue is fixed.
Or is it that I need to make totally new file to fix the problem in the new version?
Can you please send your feedback to our team here.
If I try to update guitar pro 7.5 to 7.5.1 on W10, after the download, I select “install and restart” and an pop-up message appear telling me that guitar pro is running and I can’t finish the update.
Can you please contact our support for help here:
Maybe I’m going crazy, but where the f is the member login on this website? I already own GP7 but all I see is a trial download with email requirement and a buy option.
We do not have a customer area for Guitar Pro 7. You can retrieve your license here and download Guitar Pro 7.5.1 for your computer here.
Could you include a night/dark mode? is really difficult to spend hours with a tab and the strong white light from the monitor.
Hi Gerald, thank you for your suggestion, I have sent it to our dev team. But I advise you to use night shift on your computer, or a software like Flux https://justgetflux.com ?
New option to remove a single file from recent files is in last update (188.8.131.524) for me not possible.
Hi Vojslav, you can contact our support here: https://support.guitar-pro.com/hc/en-us/requests/new Thanks