Preview of Guitar Pro 6 standard display
The new soundbank-search engine (for main or additional soundbanks) is available on your "Instrument" panel (guitar pictogram).
The search field allows you to filter and select the soundbanks based on their names. Whichever soundbanks is already activated remains visible on the score.
Additional soundbanks are in blue, basic ones in white.
"Get more soundbanks…
" Visit the Guitar Pro website
and discover the whole collection of sounds available for the program.
An exclamation mark (in the global view) warns you if the soundbank is not available. In case that bank isn't installed yet, a substitute soundbank will automatically be used.
You can now change the soundbank on a track via the menu Edit > Insert a soundbank change
This window opens up for you to insert a soundbank change exactly on the current beat, by selecting a soundbank from the list (2). That change will be indicated on the score with a read square (1). You can modify the soundbank with a double-click on that square.
To manage all of your soundbank changes, use the menu Edit > Soundbank changes…
This window allows you to manage all of the soundbank-change events on the active track. Everything can be edited there.
Everything can be edited there:
- The Bar column tells you which measure is concerned with a soundbank change.
- The Position column corresponds to the time-value expressed in Ticks (relative to tempo). The value corresponding to a 4/4 quarter note is 480 ticks.
- The SoundBank column gives the name of the soundbank used (the position of the pickup-selector is indicated).
- Just double-click on the field to edit it (here as an example, the time-value for the selected bar).
- The « plus » button allows you to change soundbanks exactly where you have placed your cursor on the score.
- The "cogwheel" symbol allows you to delete one or all of the selected items (except for the first item, which cannot be deleted).
An editing test case: I wish to change the Strat guitar (MB pickup) to another soundbank on bar three, first beat. I will double-click on the button to the right of the instrument's line (1), and will directly access the window "Insert a soundbank-change event". The search field allows me to quickly find the soundbank I need. I can then replace the Strat guitar with a stringed instrument (2).